Welcome to FragDeluxe

FragDeluxe is a gaming community currently based on Counter-Strike Global Offensive. We as a community aim to provide some of the best gameservers around for our players.

Take a moment to register on our forums to access most of our content and features. You can speed up the process by signing up with Steam or Discord!
Register Now

Banned or Muted?

If you've been banned or muted you can click the button below to appeal your punishment.

Make sure you're signed in to the forums first
Appeal Your Punishment

Cheaters or Rule Breakers?

If you're having any issues with cheaters or general rule-breakers you can either report them on the forums with evidence or let an staff member know in the Discord server.
Report A Player Join Discord
Monty B.

Retirement of a one "Monty B."

So, here we are. I've come to a decision and I feel it's time to retire.
I've been doing staff stuff for about a year and a half now, quickly jumping from moderator to admin, then overtaking Frost to Head Admin before he even had a chance B). But now, FragDeluxe has grown from 1 server to a whole bunch of servers reaching to a whole new audience of players.

So why am I deciding to retire? I've decided to do it in note form since it's easier to digest:
· I've grown properly tired of playing on FD
   · I find MM more fun than FD - that says a lot
   · The current players tend to ruin the fun on FD, mainly being kids who are toxic, annoying, trolling or people who are definitely far too good for it to be fun
   ·  But that alone is a bit silly, I just don't want to have to deal with them anymore really.
· People constantly ask me to deal with people and I just don't feel like handling it anymore.
· RustDeluxe incoming?
· Now I have a job, I want to worry about that and not have to deal with the kids on FD - primary school children are better behaved and nicer to work with

Personal thoughts:
· SM9 - you need to think smaller. Everytime you think of doing something that sounds great, it ends up damaging the community. You need to go back to the roots and focus on what happens on the server, making them more attractive. You shouldn't need to rely on skins to draw people in, they attract the wrong audience of players. However, I guess it makes VIP and ad money, which is a key factor in reality. Everytime I hear of a new project, I sigh. FragAntiCheat? It won't work. I admire the optimism, but it's just too much for this community. You're draining it, really. And for the future, perhaps don't handle public relations. Get triple or someone else to do it, because you're more equipped to be the guy behind the scenes running it, rather than the face of PR. It's backfired too many times. Alongside this, you really need to let more people into the backend of the system, even if there's nobody who's "like you", it's difficult to get stuff done when you and triple are offline, hell, it's difficult to get stuff done when you're online. You need to be able to find someone to trust and get someone to help you - trying to run a community or business by yourself is bad practice and can be detrimental to your wellbeing and health, as you've seen. Involve the staff more, that's what they're there for, to help you.

· Triple - you need to control SM9 more, instead of having to cleanup after him everytime something goes wrong. You'd make a good face for PR. There needs to be more staff, why haven't you opened staff applications? It's been 3+ weeks (depending who you ask), it doesn't take that long. 

· Anyone who has asked me to deal with a guy - you'll have to go somewhere else now. I'm not sure who wants to deal with it currently.

· The regulars - everytime you whine or complain about something and expect change, it isn't going to happen. If you want to make a change, do something like leaving. Find somewhere else to play that satisfies your needs. That's the only way to make change. Well, that is what I would say, except money speaks more. If you leave, someone will take your place who will be willing to watch ads or buy VIP for those special skins.

So that's it. I just feel that my time here should come to an end as a staff member. Hopefully this will encourage Triple to finally open staff applications, since that seems to have been forgotten completely.

I still will probably show up on the servers, just don't expect me to do anything.

Señor Admin Geist, Señor Admin aWildWatermelonAppears and perhaps Señor Admin JQ, congratulations.
Kurt, Nofsy, welcome to admin.

I will also say to the rest of the staff: I feel sorry for you.

I've done my part and put my touch on the community by helping SM9 and Triple during my run here. I hope I can retire with no negative feelings and that I mean everything in good will. Any chance of having a "Retired Admin" badge under my name on the left?

This is Monty B., a very strange admin, signing off.

Well said Monty. Good luck in your future.

FD was once a nice server with a lot of adult regulars or young people that behaved normal.

Nowadays it's a fucking mess 90% off the time with squeekers and retards yelling trough their mics teamflashing blocking the fuck outta ya.

In the old days when i co owned cq247 a huge battlefield 3 community we ran 5 servers at one time. But we made sure we had admins dedicated towards different servers to sort with the cheaters and retards.

Something that is lacking here lately.

Also for once bring us a 10v10 no skin plugin server for the old regulars plox. 

18 minutes ago, norskenlegacy said:

does this mean i get unmuted

Not sure about this, most staff felt the same way, I was just the only person who was willing to take the backlash.

17 minutes ago, jake said:

looks like time to mod jake

Hopefully @TripleThreat will finally open staff applications now

4 minutes ago, ★★ 林 Kunoichia 林 ★★ said:

But we made sure we had admins dedicated towards different servers to sort with the cheaters and retards.

To be fair, there has been a distinct lack of decent people playing who would make good staff. Hopefully FD will be able to find some more staff who will be able to be trusted with the powers.

Who's going to be doing all the savagery now?! Who am I going to harass at 5 in the morning when there's something wrong with the servers?!

I do understand where you're coming from though. The lack of common sense amongst the players makes it almost unbearable to enjoy what we have.

I wish you all the best of luck with your job and everything else and hope people will take note of what has been said here.

Your legend will live on forever and they'll sing songs about you until the end of time

I just want to thank you Monty the time you spent serving the community, I promise to take in your criticism with an open mind so we can improve and grow. We're fully aware not a lot of people are happy with the current state of our player-base and there's a lot of issues that are still unresolved.

I'll be posting a thread after this explaining our action plan for the near future as I feel there's a lot to be addressed.

Thanks,
TripleThreat.

4 hours ago, Monty B. said:

· RustDeluxe incoming?

Not going to happen.

· SM9 - you need to think smaller. Everytime you think of doing something that sounds great, it ends up damaging the community.

Such as?

You shouldn't need to rely on skins to draw people in, they attract the wrong audience of players.

I agree, but what if we lose all our players if I remove the skin plugin?

FragAntiCheat? It won't work.

Why? Its not even finished yet and we have a very good idea on how its going to work.

· Triple - you need to control SM9 more, instead of having to cleanup after him everytime something goes wrong.

I did not expect you to be a person who would run me down and try to make me look small, True colors have been shown now.

· The regulars - everytime you whine or complain about something and expect change, it isn't going to happen. If you want to make a change, do something like leaving. Find somewhere else to play that satisfies your needs. That's the only way to make change. Well, that is what I would say, except money speaks more. If you leave, someone will take your place who will be willing to watch ads or buy VIP for those special skins.

Unlike you, me and Triple don't have a job yet, FragDeluxe is our only income and I will make this clear now, we don't make as much as you think we make, More than half of what we make goes back into the community so please don't bring money into this. Besides when have we ever sold these "Special skins" I have already said on many occasions we are not fucking sellouts but we will do everything we can to generate revenue to keep this community alive and you know maybe have a little bit of money for ourselves? If we are entitled to that of course.

They are welcome to resign just like you did, we don't hold them hostage.

Now that I have addressed some of the things which I would of never expected you to say and you have hopefully finished slagging down the community.

You did more than what was asked of you and we very much appreciate that, we are sad to see you go, As Triple said we will make changes and take into consideration what you have said, I wish you all the best and thanks for everything you have done for this community.

It appears some of my points were badly worded, so I'm going to clear up what I intended to mean:

15 hours ago, Monty B. said:

You need to go back to the roots and focus on what happens on the server, making them more attractive. You shouldn't need to rely on skins to draw people in, they attract the wrong audience of players

There are numerous competitive servers - such as Crinis' which provide basic solid competitive gameplay without any skins or anything bogging it down and they are constantly full, even despite valves repeated attempts to kill community servers. FragDeluxe was at its heart a great competitive server with high tickrate and great hitreg - that's what attracted me and many of the originals. I understand this is different now as CSGO has developed and priorities have changed as servers are expensive to run and the number of visitors would take a significant hit without skins, but with sufficient advertising, I feel a new wave of people would eventually discover FD and create a new community in the long run.

FragAntiCheat? It won't work

The reason I feel this is because you'll be competing against companies who have been doing this for years - anticheat software is made by peoppe who cheat, meaning they have advanced knowledge in the situation and know what to look for, how to counter it and how too protect the game they are implemented with. Alongside this, you'll need to convince the players that this program is safe; the reason ESEA can get away with scanning all programs and sending them home is because people pay for security with their client, they are willing to give in everything for a purely competitive environment. FD won't need this and I highly doubt anyone will use it over more trusted and well known anti-cheat systems. I feel your time would be better spent elsewhere. I admire your optimism, but it just feels unlikely to blossom into anything that pays off.

10 hours ago, SM9 said:

I did not expect you to be a person who would run me down and try to make me look small, True colors have been shown now.

This was in regards to the comment where I feel someone else should handle PR - I did not mean you too take it harshly, but repeatedly it ends up with triple having to clean up after what is effectively a PR disaster. I understand where you come from, I've been there to talk to you about it, I just feel you should be the genius behind the scenes keeping everything ticking along, while someone else who can handle the stress and annoyances of people should be the one communicating with the public. I meant no harm. After reading it again, I feel the comment was inappropriate, but still reflects a very real issue, so I shall apologise for that. Sorry.

10 hours ago, SM9 said:

Besides when have we ever sold these "Special skins"

I meant 'special skins' as skins that were available in game - but cost a lot of real world money, such as fades and such. I chose a bad term here, I did not mean VIP specific skins, I meant rare skins that would be unavailable to most people. Sorry for the misunderstanding there.

10 hours ago, SM9 said:

They are welcome to resign just like you did, we don't hold them hostage

I meant this, as in, the school holidays just started and its going to be a very busy period and I feel bad about retiring before the massive wave of kids can play CS 24/7. I was not referring to the current state of the server, only future situations until more staff are got.

10 hours ago, SM9 said:

you have hopefully finished slagging down the community.

My comments were not meant to harm to be harsh, only obersvations and suggestions on what I feel were going wrong since I originally joined the server. Both you and triple, alongside all the staff members, have done a good job at developing the community from a simple 24 player server into numerous servers, with potential for expansion into other games in the future. You've made something that has attracted thousands of players which change regularly. I feel that with time, skins will not be needed to maintain a healthy community. I did not want to cut ties on my retirement, I just wanted to get some thoughts off my chest that I'm sure some people will agree with. I tried to present it in a way that would be more pleasant to read than some people have previously put it, but I had good intentions, but good intentions do not always feel good.

Thanks,

Monty B.

@SM9 that anticheat can not happen clientside.

I am not ending up vacced because of your neat coding ideas.

Also, we don't need it.

Most people you find suspicious are just normally playing the game.

And we could check what happens without skins, first.

@Monty B.

farewell, nerd

I wish you the best of luck for the future. ^_^

It is really sad to see you leaving now since we kinda knew eachother from the beginning of FragDeluxe. FeelsBadMan

You have your place in my FragDeluxe "Hall of Fame". 

Adiós mi amigo :)

On 25/07/2016 at 5:37 PM, Monty B. said:

You shouldn't need to rely on skins to draw people in, they attract the wrong audience of players.

I agree, but what if we lose all our players if I remove the skin plugin?

You had plenty of players playing on the server even when the !ws skins was down, it was a very good to play on and be apart of, with the !ws just kids sitting in spawn trying to choose a skin that they can show of to their pals in school, the community has decline in recent weeks, yes the server is growing, however do you want cod rejects, skinwhores, tf, abusers etc as part of the community?

On 25-7-2016 at 7:37 PM, Monty B. said:

So, here we are. I've come to a decision and I feel it's time to retire.

i'll mis you and your brittish accent , and i feel the same , FD is not what it use to be , it use to be full of semi adult people (except me cuz i'm a foking kid) that where having fun but now alot of dem just dissapeared from the server (java,hyperracoon,perfectexample ext.) and its filling up with skin whores who just complain about every move you make on a community server (*cough* RSN *cough*) but i hope your job is doing fine and that you an support yourself and just take a break from FD because even the forums have been destroyed by kids doing punnishement apealls littarly shitting on the staff while i take much proud of my perfect punnishement appeal (#upvotewhoring) but i hope you can relax and maybe someday return to the FD community staff but till den i'll mis u

to my best buttler , Monty <3