Welcome to FragDeluxe

FragDeluxe is a gaming community currently based on Counter-Strike Global Offensive. We as a community aim to provide some of the best gameservers around for our players.

Take a moment to register on our forums to access most of our content and features. You can speed up the process by signing up with Steam or Discord!
Register Now

Banned or Muted?

If you've been banned or muted you can click the button below to appeal your punishment.

Make sure you're signed in to the forums first
Appeal Your Punishment

Cheaters or Rule Breakers?

If you're having any issues with cheaters or general rule-breakers you can either report them on the forums with evidence or let an staff member know in the Discord server.
Report A Player Join Discord
Sign in to follow this  
SM9

AWP Limit

28/09/15:

• [INTERNAL]  AWP Limit has been re-implemented and set to 3 per team.

08/05/15:

• [INTERNAL]  AWP Limit will now remove AWPs from players if it exceeds the limit, But it will also replace it with an M4 or AK47 depending on the players team.

09/05/17:

nbk    8

08/05/15:

• [INTERNAL]  AWP Limit will now remove AWPs from players if it exceeds the limit, But it will also replace it with an M4 or AK47 depending on the players team and then refund the difference.

What if people don't want/like the AK or M4 and want to use a decent gun like the P90, Negev, Aug or SG?

2 minutes ago, JavaFreak said:

You already received feedback regarding the awp limit in the Bug suggestion post. 

Feedback is wanted over this change specifically (Having AWP replaced with the team's equivalent rifle and some cash as a refund when one team has too many awps due to auto teambalance)

13 minutes ago, nbk said:

What if people don't want/like the AK or M4 and want to use a decent gun like the P90, Negev, Aug or SG?

only 1% of the majority would use smg's and what not over a rifle. Best way to fix it for all would be like +3.1k cash instead of giving them a specific rifle that way they can buy what they want.

I dont really support the idea of removing players awps - impossible to monitor when they recieved it/if your good with it etc. and its kinda unfair removing it if you just got it. Seems like a lot of work for no significant benefit so I'd leave as is IMO

4 minutes ago, RESI said:

only 1% of the majority would use smg's and what not over a rifle. Best way to fix it for all would be like +3.1k cash instead of giving them a specific rifle that way they can buy what they want.

I dont really support the idea of removing players awps - impossible to monitor when they recieved it/if your good with it etc. and its kinda unfair removing it if you just got it. Leave as is IMO

Removal of AWPs has to happen, otherwise one team may have more AWPs than the limit (If team balance happens), if that's the case it makes the limit redundant. The refund of a weapon + cash is a compromise.

Edit: Mainly we want to know if the refund is a fair compromise, is it too much of a refund, etc..

16 minutes ago, TripleThreat said:

Removal of AWPs has to happen, otherwise one team may have more AWPs than the limit (If team balance happens), if that's the case it makes the limit redundant. The refund of a weapon + cash is a compromise.

Edit: Mainly we want to know if the refund is a fair compromise, is it too much of a refund, etc..

If I buy an awp on CT - say I spend every $$$$ and have $0 left, if at the end of the round I get team swapped to T and my awp is removed if the RoundLoss/teamswap bonus is only $850 and I have only a AK and no bonus $ other than the $850 team swap bonus thats only an AK with bodyarmour no headarmour vs M4's so its gotta have some sort of extra $ boost in order to make it fair because if I get swapped and have no money for full armour and I get 1 tapped by a running p90 I'mma be on the report a player for toxicity

Edit: think I misunderstood a little - Personally I don't find it a issue getting replaced with a rifle, as long as there is enough $ for rifle + full armour - 3700 for ak etc. Reason for armour is simply sometimes people (myself included) do glass cannon with the awp so not having armour with a rifle would be rip 

55 minutes ago, RESI said:

If I buy an awp on CT - say I spend every $$$$ and have $0 left, if at the end of the round I get team swapped to T and my awp is removed if the RoundLoss/teamswap bonus is only $850 and I have only a AK and no bonus $ other than the $850 team swap bonus thats only an AK with bodyarmour no headarmour vs M4's so its gotta have some sort of extra $ boost in order to make it fair because if I get swapped and have no money for full armour and I get 1 tapped by a running p90 I'mma be on the report a player for toxicity

Edit: think I misunderstood a little - Personally I don't find it a issue getting replaced with a rifle, as long as there is enough $ for rifle + full armour - 3700 for ak etc. Reason for armour is simply sometimes people (myself included) do glass cannon with the awp so not having armour with a rifle would be rip 

Yeah the plan was to give you an AK and whatever the difference is for the AWP in cash  (AWP Cost - AK47) so you would have some extra cash left over.

Unfortunately due to the way CS:GO handles money this has now had to been removed so players wont get a cash refund aswell a a rifle. This will be sorted when SM9 recodes the money system but this isn't priority as of right now.

as an smg player its a % game vs almost all players anyway. 1 more awp does not hurt as much, if they miss 1 shot its over for them. that said the money back guarantee on the over buy is a good idea i approve pals 

The % of players who use SMG are more than likely players who wont pick up an awp/very rarely so the odd occasion they have to use a rifle would be very limited.

Therefore i really like this change, plus people who only buy SMG's always have a lot more bank, they never have to pick an awp up anyway, they can just buy one themselves.